Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Stain 3


Well, work continues....

I printed 25 onto Nishinouchi, an off-white mulberry paper and the blue didn't print quite grey enough and I think my earlier proof on white paper came out better. I'll take a little pause. Let these dry and decide whether to add another color or pass on the tie to deepen the color or just print a second batch in a different color scheme on white paper. I pulled this out of the batch as I plan on gluing one down face up on a hardwood block, carving the tie again and polishing the other copies to make the tie shiny and silky looking.

They are a bit less yellow than this appears on my monitor.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good! I think the little grey shadow pulls everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for chiming in.
    As I was printing, it really felt all wrong:
    wrong paper choice, wrong blue for the tie, wrong red..etc.
    In looking it over the day after I'm pretty happy with it. The biggest "color" is of course the white (beige) paper and the original idea was to play with the colored tie and have that blood spot be the real color focus and I think it does that.
    The shadow is in a very pale lavender and does help tie it all together.

    ReplyDelete