Saturday, May 21, 2011
Lots done today.
I managed to print a few proofs of the kimono print.
While not quite what I envisioned, it is striking enough that I had to pause to decide what will stay and what will go.
The blossoms are WAY too Pink/Mauve and will need to be much paler and more glowing.
But it's the stripes in the background that I'm not sure of....I was afraid the pale simple background would be too still so I didn't totally clear the block. Since they are on the same block as the body of the kimono (blue) I'm a bit tethered as to how light and subtle I can make them and still make the kimono silk the right blue.
I printed up four variants. I can see some adjustments that need to be made to the keyblock and I'll still need to carve one more block I think.
I have a busy week of work so I'll mull this over before making any changes.