Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hard at Work


There was not much to look at in the last post. Today, with the kids in school, Bene back at work in Italy for the next few months and my mom, visiting this month, off at a duplicate bridge game, I could actually disappear into the studio for a block of several hours.

I managed to get the keyblock almost completely carved even if this photo shows it only about 1/3rd done. It will be a fairly simple print with a fairly detailed keyblock but just a few color blocks.

The big hurdle will be some very small type at the bottom. I'm not sure the kiln-dried cherry or my big fat fingers are up to the task and I'm thinking about alternatives if I lose too many letters. Rubber stamp? Acetate drypoint? Handwriting?( I don't have access or any experience with letterpress...).


2 comments:

  1. Oooh, very intricate. It looks great. I have a little rubber stamp alphabet set that I've used for small type. You can get stamp pads that are labeled "pigment inks" that are so-called archival. I think it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the detail in your carving and the subject chosen. It's going to be a great print-looking forward to seeing the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete